Re: [tlug] Unix's 40th Birthday

at the cost of functionality.  On the other hand, Windows's appetite
for resources continues to increase apparently uncontrollably.  Maybe
WinCE runs on keitai denwa, but XP, Vista, and 7 don't.  All the Eee
PC class machines run XP (Johnny Test to Microsoft: "Woah, didn't see
THAT coming!"), and even with reasonable consumer boxen like my wife's
Vaio (2.5GB RAM) an honest salesman will tell you "max out the

I don't think that's so true of 7 - I ran vista and have been running 7 on a laptop since beta and now with the MSDN released version and it uses far less resources than vista , and bar gfx requirements runs similar to XP. Certainly not as swift as my Xubuntu install, but not true that it's worse than Vista.

Graham