Re: [tlug] openssh on Centos 5.2

On Aug 18, 2009, at 3:09 PM, Gen Kanai wrote:

On Aug 18, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:30:15PM +0900, Gen Kanai wrote:

On Aug 18, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Scott Robbins wrote:

Oh gosh, don't get me started. Updated firefox on CentOS lately? Or tried installing Fedora, unchecking both KDE and Gnome, to find that
PolicyKit will install one or the other?

(Firefox, on both CentOS and Fedora installs, whether you tell it to
check before installing addons or not, 71 language packs.)

That's unfortunate.

CentOS and Fedora (as well as all of the Linux distros) roll their own
builds of Firefox off Mozilla binaries, so please note that this is
not a Mozilla requirement or request.

Some Fedora folks were saying this was an upstream decision, but
downloading builds from Mozilla indicate that this isn't the case.

I need to double-check with our l10n team but I am 99.9% certain that it is not an upstream/Mozilla decsion.

So I've double-checked with our team and this is not a Mozilla decision in any way shape or form. From what I've been told by our l10n team, we uniformly disagree with the "ship all languages" concept.

The other thing I was told is that RH/Fedora/CentOS's packaging system does not support separate locales. Until that packaging system is updated, it's a technical hurdle in addition to perhaps being a policy (?)

I'm sorry to be the bearer of not-so-good news.

Gen