Re: [tlug] openssh on Centos 5.2

On Aug 18, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Scott Robbins wrote:

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 08:54:35AM +0700, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Scott Robbins<scottro@example.com> wrote:

installed, at least the server.  (Not sure about the client.)
anaconda does it without my knowledge. It installs a network service,
turns it on by default. Is that a right thing to do?

Oh gosh, don't get me started.  Updated firefox on CentOS lately?  Or
tried installing Fedora, unchecking both KDE and Gnome, to find that
PolicyKit will install one or the other?

(Firefox, on both CentOS and Fedora installs, whether you tell it to
check before installing addons or not, 71 language packs.)

That's unfortunate.

CentOS and Fedora (as well as all of the Linux distros) roll their own builds of Firefox off Mozilla binaries, so please note that this is not a Mozilla requirement or request.

Mozilla works pretty closely with RH and Canonical and Suse (iirc) but have less influence over community-driven distros like CentOS or Fedora.

I'm looking in to see if there's some better solution here, so thank you for bringing this up.

Gen Kanai

http://blog.mozilla.com/gen/