Re: [tlug] openssh on Centos 5.2

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Scott Robbins<scottro@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 01:14:24PM +0700, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A "default installation" CentOS 5.2 will have openssh installed.
>>
>> What I am trying to do is find a way to subtract openssh from CentOS
>> 5.2 installation[1]
>
> I believe that even if you uncheck everything (including base system)
> during the customize package screens, you'll still have open ssh
> installed, at least the server.  (Not sure about the client.)
anaconda does it without my knowledge. It installs a network service,
turns it on by default. Is that a right thing to do?

> However, it's easy enough to uninstall it upon first boot.  Would that
> be satisfactory?
I am at work and this is to answer to an inquiry of very picky Japanese
customer.

As far as I can recall, Redhat 6 or 7 lets you users choose what to
install and what network services starting by each chkconfig levels.
However, those options seem to be gone in CentOS 5.2

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )