Re: [tlug] openssh on Centos 5.2

Hi,

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2490/3828646517_d1300e2412_o.jpg

To check openssh is installed by default or not on this Cent OS 5.2 installer, you need to select any group on the right pane and click the "Optional packages" button
and the openssh package is ticked or not. (The tick box is ticked or empty.)

I think you can check it in the group "Servers/Network Server" on 5.2.

Regards,

Sotaro

Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
Hi all,

A "default installation" CentOS 5.2 will have openssh installed.

What I am trying to do is find a way to subtract openssh from CentOS
5.2 installation[1]

I know that openssh belongs to the group "Applications/Internet" so
during the installation,
I've tried to customized it. However, no "Applications/Internet" is there!

1. Is this a mistake of the installer?
2. Or openssh (and so do the rpms in the Applications/Internet group)
will always get installed
   regardless of installation options?
3. Or openssh depends on another rpm that I couldn't point out?

[1] Please don't ask me why.
[2] rpm -qil openssh  | grep ^Group
    Group       : Applications/Internet         Source RPM:
openssh-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.24.src.rpm
[3] http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2490/3828646517_d1300e2412_o.jpg