Re: [tlug] Yes! Another argument about the GPL! You knew you wanted it....

On Aug 12, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Curt Sampson wrote:

I didn't say that. My point is actually similar to yours -- just
because corporations pay taxes doesn't mean that they've funded the
research they're profiting from.

If the research was funded by taxes, I fail to see how someone who paid
those taxes isn't funding that research.

If taxes were paid equally by individuals and corporations and if tax spending were controlled by the payers then we could pretend that what you say it correct.

Corporations pay _way_ much less taxes than _most_ individuals (that is the whole point of being a corporation) plus they have outrageously more power to decide how their tax money is going to be spent. Hence, it is _extremely_ likely that their tax money is not funding anything that they have no direct interest funding.

Jean-Christophe Helary