Re: [tlug] [Announcement] August Nomikai 2009

On 2009-08-10 22:44 +0900 (Mon), Zuco Pietro wrote:

> After receiving off-list request about the numbering, after receiving
> even phone calls about this matter, let's renumber this in HEX....
> 8. Curt Sampson

As an old DEC user, I am truly offended by being numbered "8". As
everyone who understands the One True Counting System knows, this really
ought to be "10".

Flame me all you like, but your hexadecimal thing just doesn't mesh
cleanly with alternate architectures that use 18-bit half-words.
And I don't see you guys expressing Unix file permissions masks in
hexadecimal.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com