Re: [tlug] Batch conversion of a bunch of Illustrator files to SVG files

Curt,

Thank you for replying.

> You could, but it seems easier to me just to use my suggestion of a
> small shell script called by xargs.

Umm... I'm sure your suggestion is probably better, but I have to admit
that it went a little over my head. I didn't even realize you had
suggested another option.

Let's see if I understand this...

$ cat > doit <<__EOF__
uniconverter input "$1" output "${1%.ai}.svg"
__EOF__
$ find . -maxdepth 1 -name _\* -print0 | xargs -0 doit

This creates a batch named "doit", and then in the second command I
execute the "doit" batch on the files found by the "find" command?

Is that all that's happening?

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G