Re: [tlug] Invisible process eating CPU time [SOLVED]

Alexei,

Thanks for responding.

I was setting up a whole response with screenshots and everything, and
then I accidentally stumbled on the source of the problem.

VNC server was running, and when I stopped it, the CPU usage dropped to
normal.

I don't recall VNC being that CPU intensive before, but perhaps
something has changed.

In any case, now I've got the situation under control.

Thanks for having offered help! And I also learnt something new: htop is
better than top.

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G