Re: [tlug] A Linux branded credit card

Shawn Brown writes:
 > > There is a cool idea that came up about 30 years ago, which is the
 > > a debit card that is linked to the VISA payments system.
 >
 > Wells Fargo offers one.  It's a VISA debit card so I think it's not
 > limited to Wells Fargo.

The point is that VISA == ++BankAmericard.  I don't know if BofA still
owns the VISA payments system lock, stock, and barrel, but I bet they
get a big discount on transaction processing fees compared to
non-BofA-keiretsu institutions.

 > > you're not protected by laws that limit your liability in the
 > > case of a lost or stolen card.
 >
 > https://www.wellsfargo.com/checkcard/overview
 >
 > Enjoy zero liability for unauthorized transactions

What I was thinking of is that I bet you don't get your money back for
a while, though.  With a credit card, you simply dispute the amount
and refuse to pay.