Re: [tlug] Replacing text in multiple files - under Windows :(

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:04:42 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Martin Killmann writes:
>  > TLUG,
>  >
>  > I have a fairly standard task, several hundred .html files where I need
>  > to do some simple text replacements with basic regular expressions.
>
> XEmacs/Dired:  http://www.xemacs.org/Downloads/
> Python, Ruby, ...
>
> In other words, "no, working on Windows doesn't mean you can't use
> power tools."  Any of the suggestions will work as well as or better
> than any of the others, depending on a lot of things you haven't told
> us.
>
> If admin policy means you can't install power tools, oh, well.

I have admin on my local machine, at least.

What I'm looking for is something basic and simple, a small GUI program with
one field "search term" another field "replacement term" and a way to
specify a directory or list of files to parse. Then I hit "replace" and
done.

I do get your point about power tools, but for the moment I'm looking
for a quick, ready, one-off solution that doesn't require me to learn a
completely new script language or anything. Using power tools is more
for the long run.

Martin