[tlug] Another thing to give away (was: 1 item for sale, and some other random things to give away)

TLUG,

The laptop and Palm Pilot have been claimed.

Also, it might be of interest to some that the laptop was made useful again by installing Debian Linux (I was unable to get Ubuntu to install).

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I have something else to give away for free that someone might like. A Toshiba DMR-850W digital voice recorder. The surface of the device is a little worn, but it works perfectly. I'm getting rid of it because I can now meet my voice recording needs with my Android phone.

I bought it years ago, *just* before USB became the defacto standard for connecting devices to computers. So it connects through the printer port. Requires a special driver to connect... to Windows 95/98. I not even sure if they even made an XP driver. In any case, I wasn't able to get it to work in Ubuntu. But you don't really need to connect it to a computer anyway, depending on what kind of audio you're recording. I just used it for taking notes, which I played back right from the device itself.

Comes with driver disk, connector cable, English manual, and fresh batteries.

Also, these items are still available if anyone wants them. They will be moenai gomi soon otherwise.

Free:

(Free means that you have to arrange to either come pick it up in Ebisu/Hiroo, or I'll send it to you COD/Chakubarai. I'll place things in whatever packaging I have lying around that might do the job. Oh, it also means no promises about... well, anything really. Priority goes to people who offer to take all the items.)

Internal 3 1/4 slot size card reader.
Generic brand, connects by USB. Reads SD cards, Micro SD cards, Sony memory sticks, a bunch of other formats. I used it primarily for reading SD cards, but it can only take up to 1GB capacity, so I had to replace it. It only cost about 1500 yen new. But it's free for you if you want it.

Phone.
Just a phone. A white one. Basic. Has numbers. Can make calls. It's nice. Brand new condition. Don't remember the last time I ever had a land line, and I'm not sure even why I have this.

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G