Re: [tlug] The Android Has Landed

I'm currently thinking about grabbing an Android or an iPhone. I'm not sure yet which one to pick, but I feel like getting more and more dragged into the Linux side of the former one :)
OK, I finally got my Android yesterday! And immediately faced a problem :)

Standard Alarm Clock application fails on startup with:
Sorry!
The application Alarm Clock (process com.android.alarmclock) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Force close
At first I thought that it's something common, but the only discussion that I found and that matches exactly is about HTC Dream and some custom firmware/build so it doesn't really apply to my case:

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470976

Dave, Nikolay - does Alarm Clock work OK on your phones?

btw, because of that I had to use Night Clock application which is very nice and small - the only problem is that it drains battery like crazy because there is no way to disable the screen.
Best regards,
--
Alexei Anisimov