Re: [tlug] See USB drive over network [SOLVED]

Dave M G writes:

 > I'm not sure how to figure that out. I ran dmesg, and it seems like the
 > system might be EXT4...?

Looks like it.  If so, the file system supports both UUID and volume
label.

 > [   11.967367] EXT4 FS on md0, internal journal on md0:8
 > [   12.271286] usb-storage: device scan complete
 > [   12.274273] scsi 8:0:0:0: Direct-Access     HTC      Android Phone
 > 0100 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
 >
 > It seems like it's identifying itself with some useful information.
 > Surely I can use this to get Ubuntu to name it consistently when mounted?

Only by hacking up a script yourself.  The problem is that there's
more than one Android phone in the world, and you might have two of
them.  So it's unlikely that something based on type of device will be
available by default.

For the UUID or volume label methods, see tune2fs(8).