Re: [tlug] See USB drive over network [SOLVED]

Stephen,

Thanks for replying.
mount(8) provides two ways to guarantee that a particular physical
volume gets mounted in the same place: mount by UUID and mount by
volume label.  Some file systems do not support these, however.

Yeah, it probably will change. I'm guessing the only reason it has been so consistent for the last little while is that I have been focusing on this one device.

I'm trying to figure out what my options are there. This part about setting the drive to be mounted in the same place is a little over my head.

If I understand what you're saying, I need to see if the Android phone uses a file system that will identify itself reliably?

I'm not sure how to figure that out. I ran dmesg, and it seems like the system might be EXT4...?

[   11.967367] EXT4 FS on md0, internal journal on md0:8
[   12.271286] usb-storage: device scan complete
[ 12.274273] scsi 8:0:0:0: Direct-Access HTC Android Phone 0100 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2

It seems like it's identifying itself with some useful information. Surely I can use this to get Ubuntu to name it consistently when mounted?

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G