Re: [tlug] See USB drive over network

John,

Thanks for replying.

I followed the instructions on the web site you provided. However, when I attempt to make a connection from one machine to another, I get no response whatsoever:

$ sshfs dave@example.com:/media homebase_media

It just hangs until I press [ctrl]+C.

I poked around on the net, and found out that even though I get this error:
$ sudo modprobe fuse
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/oss-compat, it will be ignored in a future release.
FATAL: Module fuse not found.

... according to at least one forum post I read, apparently in Jaunty, FUSE is built into the kernel now, so the modprobe is not necessary. Maybe that's not true?

I also made sure the user on the client machine was a member of the FUSE group.

$ sudo adduser $USER fuse
The user `dave' is already a member of `fuse'.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks for any advice.

--
Dave M G