Re: [tlug] First Android Phone in Japan release date announced

Dear Dave,

I just got back from the DoCoMo shop after dragging my family down there.

In the end, I wish I'd gotten your mail sooner.

> The "letter of acceptance" you sign off on when getting your HT-03A
> specifically states that the phone will automatically make connections
> for data synchronization, updates, and other downloads of "up to 80
> megabytes", and that it can cost up to "approx. 80,000 yen if not
> subscribing to a flat rate plan".

I don't need to max my usage out each month for my own purposes.  This
means it makes little sense for me to get a ht-03a as I'd  very
possibly be paying more for Google to push updates to me (without
asking or giving me a chance to do it via wi-fi) than I'd be paying
for my own usage.

I wanted a minimum plan to have when I need it.  I can' get that though.

>Bottom line is that if you have a Google phone, it looks as though you
>are going to max out your biz-hodai every month, no matter what other
>intentions you may have.

Yeah I guess that is a real possiblility.

We were just about done with everything when I was told the news.  In
the end, it's not my intention to max the plan out (6000/month max
double houdai fee + 300 basic connection fee + monthly talk charge 980
(min) + handset cost (30,000/24)).

The bluetooth api isn't out yet and if I help debug them, I can't
really justifying paying to get my own work.

Shawn