Re: [tlug] The Android Has Landed

Hi,
> I'm sure you'll be popular on this list if you do. I'm still a little
> unclear as to what benefit would come with jail breaking the phone, so I
> don't think I'll be doing it anytime soon.

It looks like easy jail breaking methods won't work now anyway...

> One thing clearly needed is a solid Japanese dictionary. I'd love to see
> something like "Denshi Jisho" tailored for Android. I found an app that
> accesses the ALC web site dictionary, but the interface is pretty weak.

Well, we've got the sdcard so why don't we put the Edict and family
there for a local lookup.  I wonder if we dumped it into the Android
database how that would be for memory usage.  There's probably a
better and more traditional way to implement the lookup though.

If you want to play with it, you might have a look at this (src
included) app to lookup Chinese from the internet.  I should think you
could redo the UI (your good at that kind of stuff right).  From there
I don't think it would be to tough to figure out a sensible local
lookup.  http://www.anddev.org/android_dictionary_english-und-lt--und-gtchinese-t363.html

There may be better place to start as well.

I know you may not have time but if we do!!!!

All the Best!