Re: [tlug] Making my LAN a passwordless zone

Doug McLean writes:

 > > More important than this is configuring your authorized_keys file.  If
 > > you have an extremely frequent use case such as starting a music
 > > player, you can do this in authorized_keys:
 >
 > If performing a specific task only, setting up commands like that in
 > authorized_keys is a great idea, but if for some reason a person needs
 > more flexiblity or interactive setup,

True.  But there's nothing to stop you from having task-specific keys.
I used to have one of these for breaking CVS locks in a public
project.  It would reap any locks that were more than 15 minutes old,
which is pretty safe.  All committers had the key.  Even though shell
access and the access to CVSROOT was limited to a small cabal, this
very important admin task could be preformed in a fairly timely way by
any committer.

Oh, yeah, don't forget: There is no cabal.