Re: [tlug] UQ WiMAX, other ubiquitous internet access, and Linux laptops

> However, I was reading today about the HT-03A, which I am eagerly awaiting:
> http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/product/foma/pro/ht03a/
>
> I noticed it comes with the FOMA WiFi access, and it claims on the FOMA
> information page (under "Point 3"), that you can connect it to your
> computer and use it essentially as a WiFi device:
> http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/service/data/high_speed/index.html

I don't think this will work.  DoCoMo states for Foma --
HT-03A本体をパソコンなどと接続して行うデータ通信はできません。 You can google 主な対応サービス・機能一覧表 if
you want the original document but that is about all the info there is
anway...

> Of course, easier said than done. I'm going to hope that since this is
> an Android based phone, there will be some way to get it talking to a
> Linux machine and utilizing this function. However, I'm not so naive as
> to think this is guaranteed to work.

Yes, but you don't get root access afaik.  Google shut down tethering
and I haven't seen a way to do this with cupcake.

Of course I may be wrong on both counts...

Shawn