[tlug] Getting Hikari TV on linux

Hello everyone,

I saw here in Japan a nice offer to get TV via internet connection, and
advertising says you can get to see it on your computer.

Of course the choice is limited to a handful of devices, however being a
bit of a hacker I decided to put my hands on the software used on those
devices to display TV and make the service work on Linux.

Currently I'm still trying to index all the libs included in the
software, I found so far:

* OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007.
* zlib 1.2.3
* libpng

There is code to handle FEC RTP packets, and stuff that uses microsoft
multimedia sdk. I believe I found the right file, I just need more time
to decode all of that.

Has anyone here tried to get Hikari TV working on linux? Or has
technical details of how it works?
Can anyone run wireshark and dump first launch of the software and
playing a bit of a channel on a real win32 box?

Mark