Re: [tlug] Please advice for a new equipment components under Linux

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:21:58PM +0900, Pietro Zuco wrote:

> I googled about, and ASUS seems to be one of the most compatible mother
> boards

I read stories on customers running linux getting comments like
'not supported' but i guess that happened for all vendors.

> and ATI cards one of the best supported.
I guess ATI/AMD is currently a bit nicer from pure technical
point of view (performance/price ratio).
But if you know for sure you will need a proprietary driver any-
way because of the requirements of your applications then nvidia
should be preferred; less pain to install.

Christian