Re: [tlug] Linux habits in Windows world

Alexei Anisimov wrote:

sure it's possible to run it in VM, that's always an option, but it looks like an overkill to me. And it's not that usable you know, if only they had (I hope I didn't miss anything) something like Parallels Desktop's Coherence or VMware Fusion's Unity I'd probably go for it.

VBox rocks. The "seamless" function is less than satisfying, but I have found ways to not want to use it. Caveat: That be a function of my lack of confidence in my own abilities to multitask in two OSes and two languages simultaneously than any limitations of the software.

The only _real_ problem I have is getting my HP printer to work from WIN. I print to .pdf using the 995 printing and editing suite and send it to my Gmail account, then make a print copy from Linux. Other than that, I have found solutions for everything else using either the hardware pass-through function or changing hardware (switching to a Wi-Fi Skype phone instead of the USB cordless one I had been using in WIN).

As for Outhouse Excuse, I'd rather be the only cabin boy on a Greek freighter than use that POS, but there are workarounds for it, as well. But, I have been ignoring it successfully for over 15 years; even when I was a full-time WIN user.

--
CL