Re: [tlug] Rsync exclusion question

On 12/06/09 22:40, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Josh Glover writes:

  >  >  I don't understand why the problem was allegedly fixed by changing
  >  >  between " and ' quotes; perhaps we haven't heard the full story.
  >
  >  Me neither, but I think it has to do with how Doug is invoking his
  >  script.

I find this is invariably because I (a) wrote a script or shell
function for unit testing, and quotes are being stripped there, or (b)
some command I thought was either a shell built-in or a real program
was replaced by a shell script, usually by a distro trying to make
something like the autofools more "user-friendly".

Or you can give up on keeping it straight, and just use 'ipython -p pysh' and python for all of your 'shell' scripts. :-) And it works reasonably even in the Windows world.
  http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/