Re: [tlug] Linux habits in Windows world

Mornings,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 03:56:42PM +0900, Alexei Anisimov wrote:

> One of them is SSH terminal with tabs, but this is at least partially
> solved by PuTTY Connection Manager <http://puttycm.free.fr/> and
> Poderosa <http://en.poderosa.org/>. Although I can't say I really like
> any of those solutions so if there is a better way please let me know.

I would opt to use screen on the remote box or a gateway-box on the
way to multiple remote boxen.  Works as expected, key-bindings are known.

> <http://fy.chalmers.se/%7Eappro/nt/TXMouse/> and DragKing
> <http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/index.html#DragKing>.

Interesting, will have a look.

> If anyone can advise something here, please do, I just can't beleive
> this was not solved properly yet!

Takes no wonder, beeing solved is a question of having the right
people beeing bugged by the problems.
Most people i know that have to work with windows on the hardware use
an emulator and run linux inside of it.

Maybe also interesting:
- http://www.fs-driver.org/ usable ext2/3 filesystem driver for win
- http://www.andlinux.org/ lightweight system to run linuxcode on win