[tlug] Linux habits in Windows world

Hello, everybody!

I suspect that we all use Windows, at least from time to time :) As for me - I have to use Windows XP on my work laptop so I desperately miss some small Linux thingies in Windows environment.

One of them is SSH terminal with tabs, but this is at least partially solved by PuTTY Connection Manager and Poderosa. Although I can't say I really like any of those solutions so if there is a better way please let me know.

And probably the most annoying is that Windows XP has no select/copy middle-click/paste feature which I'm sure you all use a lot in Linux. Windows implementations that I found were True X-Mouse Gizmo and DragKing. Both of them kinda work, but first one occupies middle mouse button completely so for example you can't open new tabs in browser with middle click anymore (sorry Gizmo, but that is critical!). And the second one seems to just try to send CTRL+C/CTRL+V to current window which does not work properly in some cases, namely in Russian keyboard layout or in Putty.

If anyone can advise something here, please do, I just can't beleive this was not solved properly yet!

PPS I hope this is not OT for this list :)
--
Best regards,