Re: [tlug] (OT) The enigma of Japan

Brett Robson wrote:

I'll buy you a beer just for telling that on the mailing list, I had a good giggle at that.The juxtaposition of extreme situations such as combat and natural disasters with routine daily life is something that is hard to get your head around.

Well, it _is_ embarrassing to admit that one was once 21 years old and a many sleeve striped (okay, five stripes) Leader of Men (tm) who found himself surrounded by mostly naked, nubile, possibly willing, foreign women ... and was more interested in a hot meal, a shower, and a dry bed than the mammaries and pubises on display.

Funny, when I watched the extended version of Apocalypse Now with friends, I commented that I didn't remember there being so many breasts in the army. Maybe it was closer to the truth than I thought ;)

That's because you Australians left before we found the beach resorts.

--
CL