Re: [tlug] Salutations

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Kyle Hasegawa <kylehase@example.com> wrote:
I've played with an unlocked G1 on Softbank.  Data works but I'm not
sure about tethering.  A few friends of mine got the free black HTC
magic dev phone with Japanese IME at Google developers day in Yokohama.
I'm told that one also works on Softbank.

On 6/11/2009 11:28 AM, Alan Busby wrote:
> > I suspect the data connection might work on the G1 but my Softbank
> pre-paid plan doesn't offer data even on the stock Samsung phone.  If
> someone at the nomikai feels adventurous and wants to try their
> data-enabled SIM(s), we might find the answer. :)
>
> I'd be happy to volunteer with an iPhone/Tsukaihodai SIM. I'm *this*
> close to getting a developer G1, and would love to see one working in
> Japan.

Not sure about a Pre-paid SIM, but I have managed to use my unlocked Android G1 phone with a Softbank SIM (not iPhone SIM).
Had to enter the APN settings manually. Search "Softbank APN" -

Avi