Re: [tlug] Salutations

I've played with an unlocked G1 on Softbank. Data works but I'm not sure about tethering. A few friends of mine got the free black HTC magic dev phone with Japanese IME at Google developers day in Yokohama. I'm told that one also works on Softbank.

On 6/11/2009 11:28 AM, Alan Busby wrote:
> I suspect the data connection might work on the G1 but my Softbank pre-paid plan doesn't offer data even on the stock Samsung phone. If someone at the nomikai feels adventurous and wants to try their data-enabled SIM(s), we might find the answer. :)

I'd be happy to volunteer with an iPhone/Tsukaihodai SIM. I'm *this* close to getting a developer G1, and would love to see one working in Japan.