Re: [tlug] (OT) The enigma of Japan

CL wrote:
Sometime at a nomikai, if you buy enough beer I can tell you about being out on patrol in the jungle for two and a half weeks in the summer of 1973 and ending up having to cut through a French resort where there were hundreds of topless French and German women cavorting on the Vietnamese beaches ... to get back to our fire base.

I'll buy you a beer just for telling that on the mailing list, I had a good giggle at that.The juxtaposition of extreme situations such as combat and natural disasters with routine daily life is something that is hard to get your head around.

Funny, when I watched the extended version of Apocalypse Now with friends, I commented that I didn't remember there being so many breasts in the army. Maybe it was closer to the truth than I thought ;)

Brett
(Royal Australian Signal Corps)