Re: [tlug] (OT) The enigma of Japan (was: UNIX jobs on TLUG)

Shawn Brown writes:

 > When running, a child was told to look at the head of the person in
 > front of them.  In fact, that child was looking at the feet of the
 > person in front of them so as not to crash.  I am sensitive to this as
 > that was my strategy and served me well enough to make the U.S Olympic
 > development team for the midwest.  I excelled in crowded space.

Ouch.  I bet that in fact you are substantially more expert than the
instructor, who's probably just an ordinary teacher, with a little PE
training at best, eh?  I have to sympathize with his/her appeal to
linguistic superiority in order to maintain authority and face.