Re: [tlug] (OT) The enigma of Japan

2009/6/10 JC Helary <brandelune@example.com>:

> But maybe my reading list about the US is a little unorthodox. I
> prefer Chomsky, Zinn, Henwood, Perrin etc to the goons who write
> editorials for the NYT.

After reading this, I realise that I should not waste my time trying
to convince you that everything every US politician or policy-maker
does is not motivated by an imperialist urge.

I read Zinn slightly differently, FWIW (at least "A People's
History..."), and Chomsky is brilliant but perhaps looking too hard
for a conspiracy.

There is great value in reading Chomsky's political works, but perhaps
one should also attempt to read writers with a slightly different
viewpoint.

--
Cheers,
Josh