Re: [tlug] (OT) The enigma of Japan (was: UNIX jobs on TLUG)

2009/6/10 Clemens Schwaighofer <gullevek@example.com>:

> I do the best to "fit in". You can't behave western like and work in a
> japanese company (at least not in a more traditional one with a quite
> high age average).

Nor can you work for a western company's Japanese subsidy and behave
like you would back home. I speak from personal experience. :)

Honestly, the more you try to respect the Japanese culture when
working in Japan, the better your experience will be. That doesn't
mean that you have to do things The Salaryman Way; it is possible to
effect change provided you understand the Japanese way of doing that.

--
Cheers,
Josh