Re: [tlug] [TLUG] Rsync exclusion question

Thanks guys, let me try that out and

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Clemens
Schwaighofer<gullevek@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 18:08, Doug McLean<dmclean635@example.com> wrote:
>> I thought I could simply add a --exclude="*.lease" flag in the rsync
>> command, based on Google searches, and personal tests, but that
>> doesn't seem to work still.
>
> Try to use it withou an = ? I do the same for syncing data from local
> test to stage boxes and exclude eg all vim swap & svn files with
> --exclude ".*.swp" --exclude ".svn" --exclude ".svnignore" ... and
> this works fine.

Thanks everyone.  Let me try these ideas out and update the thread
sometime soon.  This happens often enough that I should know pretty
soon if this works or not.  :D

--
Doug McLean

Blog: http://nihonshukyo.wordpress.com/