Re: [tlug] Salutations

> Anyway, I've brought my unlocked T-mobile G1 Android phone which seems to
> work as well as can be expected in Tokyo with a prepaid Softbank SIM card
> inserted.  (phone and text SMS work but no data or MMS so far).

I'm really interested in this topic.

I though about getting an unlocked Android phone with the Softbank SIM
card and wondered about just using wi-fi for data.  Ok, that is
geographically limited but I could always write email and send it
later.

http://thenextweb.com/2008/02/04/free-wifi-gets-a-lift-in-japan/

The only hitch with that is I'd need Japanese input when I don't have
a connection so no simeji.

Thoughts?

Anyway, let us please know how it goes with your G1!