Re: [tlug] (OT) The enigma of Japan

2009/6/9 JC Helary <brandelune@example.com>:

> As far as human societies are concerned, I don't think there is
> anything like "orthodoxy" or "effectiveness". It is all messy and not
> by the rules.

Yes, but surely you can see examples of cultures that value "the
rules" more than others. Consider the public transport systems of
Japan and Germany. Compare them to the English and American ones (I
mean, in American cities that actually *have* public transport). Let's
not even consider the horror that is the Irish public "transport"
"system". ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh