Re: [tlug] BSD: Ports or Packages?

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 02:49:46PM +0100, Josh Glover wrote:
> 2009/6/3 Christian Horn <chorn@example.com>:
>
> > On OpenBSD also pkgsrc should be investigated.
>
> Or NetBSD, for that matter. I'd actually be using NetBSD today if it
> wasn't for the power of Portage making it too frustrating to use any
> other from-source package system.

On NetBSD the recommendation is futile since pkgsrc is the default ;)
Its just remarkable the native OpenBSD ports apparently have a hard
stand against the non-native pkgsrc.

Last box is used OpenBSD on was a 400mhz Sun Netra, NetBSD failing
to boot that one for me was the cause for installing OpenBSD.

Christian