Re: [tlug] Database frontend in Linux

Josh Glover writes:

 > This may be atari-mae to most of you, but do note that I thought Uncle
 > Jeff had gone crazy when I found out about the Kindle, two years
 > before it launched.

Hey, even "da Woz" had his Lisa.  It *almost* flew.  So did the
Newton.  And remember, before GM, the biggest bankruptcy in history
was Donald Trump's personal bankruptcy.[1]  "Baby, look at me now!"

 > Funny how it turns out that every time I think I'm smarter than
 > Bezos, I'm wrong. :)

I have the same feeling about Guido, and RMS in reverse. :-)  But
those are two completely different stories.

It's a big mistake to confuse "risk averse" with "smart".  :)  Ask
Curt.  He may have "known" he was going to win when he started with
Starling, but I bet he's had a few sweaty-bad nightmares along the
way.  Nothing wrong with risk aversion (sez the fat man in the bathtub
with the blues), but it's not "smart", it's risk aversion.  Different
dimension entirely.

Speaking of risk aversion, if you've always been an employee, but want
to be your own boss, now's a good time to start preparing.  Any time
the economy goes this far down, the spring back should be awesome....[2]

Footnotes:
[1]  That's a lie for the sake of a good story, of course.  At the
very least, Yamaichi was bigger, not to mention the Soviet Union. :-)

[2]  Of course, that advice is worth what you paid for it.  I Am Not
An Economist, etc etc.  Uh, well, ... anyway you're not supposed to
listen to me, the politicians sure as hell don't! :-)