Re: [tlug] Tlug Digest, Vol 41, Issue 14

Charles Muller <cmuller-lst@example.com> wrote:

> Then, on the other hand, you have the case where people make assumptions about a license without actually reading it. When the Creative Commons licenses first came out, I applied it to many of my online documents, and soon found those documents appearing around the web in formats that directly contravened the stipulations of the license. For these people, the word "Creative Commons" itself simply meant "anything goes." After going through the trouble of getting most of these illegal usages (but not all) corrected, I went back to plain old copyright notices, which people seem to understand much better.

I have the same problem. Actually I had it before I switched to a CC-SA licence.
I contact them the offenders and grumble and they usually/almost always fall
into line.

One of the worst offenders are the Japanese. I've lost count of the
references to
EDICT, etc. being "パブリックドメイン". I've put in links to the Japanese
version of the CC-SA licence.

Jim

--
Jim Breen