Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] PCI wireless card recommendations?
- Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 01:34:46 -0400
- From: Scott Robbins <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] PCI wireless card recommendations?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.18 (2008-05-17)
On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 11:55:12AM +0900, Ian Barwick wrote: > 2009/5/9 Ian Barwick <firstname.lastname@example.org>: > > Due to domestic rearrangement my Linux box is now too far from > > the router for practical wired connections; can anyone recommend > > a wireless PCI card available in Tokyo that will work well with Linux > > (currently Ubuntu 8.10)? > > Hah, that was a surprise. I realised I have an older D-Link USB > wireless thingy which die work but not to 100% satisfaction under OS > X. In the interests of experimentation I plugged it in, booted to a > Ubuntu 9.04 live desktop, and it worked out of the box, no setup, > tweaks or even mouseclicks required. > > What am I doing wrong here? Surely it shouldn't be that simple? If the card is supported, it's that simple. Unfortunately, many cards are not supported, or supported in one distro and not another. -- Scott Robbins PGP keyID EB3467D6 ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 ) gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] PCI wireless card recommendations?
- Next by Date: [tlug] 1Seg, Digital tv
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] PCI wireless card recommendations?
- Next by thread: [tlug] [OT] freshmeat.net replacements / overview OpenSource software
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links