Re: [tlug] Apparently NFS settings can destroy a system.

Hi Dave.

Are you saying you replaced your /etc/fstab file with a symlink to an fstab file on your /home partition? That won't work because your system needs to read the fstab file to know where your /home partition is. (I have a similar problem when I lose my glasses.)

You could probably have fixed things without reinstalling by mounting your /home partition manually then getting rid of the symlink and copying the fstab file back.

Edmund