Re: [tlug] ISP Opinion

We need a better Internet connection at work and are considering
UCOM's
"Hikari Business Access" package. It's a dedicated 100Mbps connection

with 8 IPs (5 usable) and no PPPoE.

I don't know what a "UCOM" is but this sounds an awful lot like Usen's HikariOne which I have at home. I had it for a year before I moved into the current place, and in the new apartment they pulled the glass all the way through because the landlord didn't want the adapters and whatnot in the main MDF -- no questions asked.

Granted, this is residential and it sounds like you're talking commercial. But if it's Usen, I'd be willing to bet their service is just as good. I have no complaints in nearly four years of service. And the 5 global IPs with no funny translation boxen is really nice. I fear the day I may be forced to convert over to Flets-whatever.

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org/                    for thou art crunchy
http://thelemicleague.org/        and goest well with cheese.