[tlug] [help request] apt-get blocked by apache?

Hi,

I'm trying to get rid of the 'textpattern' package so that I can use
apt-get normally again on ubuntu 8.04LTS but I think I messed up
apache while installing textpattern and that is preventing it. I would
be thankful for any help.

While trying to install textpattern I also installed the packages
mysql-server (partly) and lighttpd.

here's what happens when I try to install something:

mcolman@example.com:/etc/init.d$ sudo apt-get install avrdude
[sudo] password for mcolman:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Suggested packages:
  avrdude-doc
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  textpattern
  avrdude
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/163kB of archives.
After this operation, 733kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
(Reading database ... 154283 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing textpattern ...
 * Restarting web server apache2
httpd (no pid file) not running
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs
   ...fail!
invoke-rc.d: initscript apache2, action "restart" failed.
dpkg: error processing textpattern (--remove):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
 textpattern