Re: [tlug] Hell tlug from new member

>> Free cycles on the Amazon-cloud? ;)
>
> Free to TLUG, anyway. I'll have to pay the exorbitant 2 US cents per
> CPU hour or whatever it is. :)

It's actually worse than that 10 US cents per hour for the cheapest
one, unless you pay $300 before hand.  For encoding we'd probably want
the High-CPU instance,  8-cores with 7GB of RAM, at $0.80 an hour.

I also have an underused desktop (AMD X2 4-something or other) that
does nothing but SETI@example.com all day, and I'd gladly donate it's cycles
to video encoding too.  But we'd probably spend all our time uploading
the gigs and gigs of raw video.

wm_eddie