Re: [tlug] Chance to make a convert

2009/3/16 Dave M G <dave@example.com>
TLUG,

I have a friend who owns a Macbook 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo.

She dual boots to Mac OS and Windows OS using "Boot Camp", which I know next to nothing about.

She's expressed interest in checking out Linux on her computer, but doesn't want to give up either Windows or Mac OS because of various applications she runs in both.

Her hard drive has enough space for it, so my intention is to install Ubuntu in there as a third option with "Boot Camp".

Personally I'd download VirtualBox ( http://www.virtualbox.org/ ) and install Linux in that. Much less hassle, especially if it's only for experimental purposes.

Ian Barwick