Re: [tlug] Chance to make a convert

Dave M G wrote:

This means repartitioning her drive. I believe her Windows partition is expendable in the sense that I can probably delete it and recreate it again with a smaller size, and then put Linux in the remaining space.

Does this mean that you intend to reinstall Windows, along with all its apps, or that you will make a partition image of Windows, and copy it in. I ask this because if it is you were intending to do the latter, you should probably be prepared to do the former, because Windows might not be happy in its new size and location, and force you to do a full reinstall. I don't know how Windows installs on a Mac, so I could be wrong, but it would be wise, based on my own experience, to be ready for this eventuality.

Chuck

--

A. Charles Muller

University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters
Center for Evolving Humanities
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku
Tokyo 113-0033, Japan

http://www.acmuller.net