Re: [tlug] Flash and Firexfox 2

On Mar 12, 2009, at 5:17 PM, Wayne wrote:

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 01:19 -0600, David J Iannucci wrote:
I feel the only reasonable answer here is to upgrade, whatever it
takes.
I'm not a Fedora user, but I see they're on 10 now.  Four just sounds
way too old!  I've learned there is a direct relationship between how
long you wait to upgrade, and the pain experienced.  Even FF2 is too
old, by some metrics... I just upgraded to (the latest) 3.0.7 today
because it fixed several serious security-related bugs in 3.0.6.

Yes, FC4 is sooo long in the tooth now. I'm surprised anyone is still running it!

Jim,

I would also suggest that you consider upgrading to a more recent version that supports Firefox 3.

Mozilla has stopped providing security updates for Firefox 2 (it is now deprecated software).

Also, the anti-phishing filter that was provided by Google in Firefox 2 is now off at the request of Google. It is active and updated in Firefox 3, along with an anti-malware filter as well.

Gen

DISCLAIMER: I work for Mozilla but this is not an official statement from Mozilla.