[tlug] Technical meeting possible show-and-tell, and self-promotion

Hello folks. I've been lurking for a few months and am now in Tokyo as
of a week or so ago. I'll be coming along to the Technical Meeting on
Saturday to say hi and meet people, looking forward to it.

For the last year and a half I've been the firmware lead on an embedded
ARM Linux GPS, video recorder, graphic overlay, data logger gadget (see
http://www.videovbox.co.uk/ for more.) I have one with me and can bring
it along to the meeting if anyone is interested in seeing it (it's
shiny) or talking informaly about how that kind of thing works / embedded Linux in general.

Also:

[WARNING: Shameless self-promotion beyond this line]

I decided it would be a jolly good idea to quit my old job when the
above product was done, and move to Tokyo looking for work here. This is
perhaps not one of my better-timed ideas given the whole recession
thing, but here I am.

I'd be appreciative of any advice, suggestions of agencies or potential
employers, and general interesting chats, either by email or at / after
the Technical Meeting.

For those interested, my CV is at http://leetfighter.com/cv/

Thanks, and sorry for what could be considered the "spam" aspect of this
email. (I feel a little guilty, FWIW.)

--
Jon Povey
jon@example.com