Re: [tlug] [OT] toshiba laptop with no power; find the culprit...

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 18:37, Michal Hajek <hajek1@example.com> wrote:

> * Evan Monroig (evan.monroig@example.com) [090308 10:06]:
>> I have an old Toshiba laptop (a Pentium M 1500) whose AC adapter any
>> more.  As a result, I cannot use it any more....
>
> perhaps I am missing something here, but does the adapter work on itself? That
> is, if you plug it into the mains, will the other side produce 15V voltage?
> I would suggest measuring it with some handy cheap multimeter.

I wish I could do this, but I have no multimeter at hand.  I will try
to find one at work tomorrow.  So right now I don't know if the
adapter itself works.

> I guess the adapter looks visually fine, right?

Yes.

> Other than that, I suppose you don't have extra battery ?  Perhaps there is a
> possibility to charge the battery somewhere alse than in your laptop?  (e.g.
> friends laptop, some charger/ power source...)

I have only one battery.  I have another laptop but the battery format
is different.  I will try to find another similar laptop if I can.  I
think that the battery is ok since the computer was still working from
battery power until the  battery was completely drained.

Thanks for your help,

Evan