Re: [tlug] Have an un-used Opteron?

Curt Sampson wrote:
On 2009-03-06 02:01 +0000 (Fri), Sach Jobb wrote:

Coincidently someone pointed out to me that I could replace
the entire server with a brand new one for only 70,000
(http://www.jp.dell.com/amd).

Actually, if you're willing to buy the parts and build it yourself, for
70 kiloyen you can build yourself a pretty darn quick Intel i7 server
(four cores, and hyperthreading to make it look like eight).

I'm thinking of making one myself, if you could tell me how the hyperthreading works
Nick

cjs